Blogging is a fun way for us to share our ideas and our learning with other people in our school, our community and around the world. It is very important that we understand how to use the blog and the internet in a secure way.
For us to have a purposeful and safe blog we must remember the following guidelines:
Only use your first name when blogging.
- Anyone from around the world can see our blog through the Internet. It is important that you do not put your last name on the blog so strangers don’t know who you are.
Parents who use the blog should also only use their first names.
- Parents should only use their first names so they don’t accidentally identify their child in the blog. Please don’t post comments such as “Sarah, John’s Mum”
NEVER give out any personal information.
- You should never give out information like where you live, email addresses, phone numbers or information about where you may be at a certain time.
- All comments on the blog are approved before being published.
- Purposeful and relevant comments will be published.
- All comments are screened before posting to make sure that there are no negative or inappropriate comments going onto the blog. If someone posts something that the teachers do not want others to see, we will not publish it in the blog.
Be friendly, helpful and polite.
- Only post comments that are positive and friendly. Never post anything that could upset someone who reads it. Start your comments with Dear… and end with Regards, or From…
Remember to do your best writing.
- Even though you are commenting on the Internet you still need to do your best writing. Remember to use capital letters and punctuation like full stops and commas. Don’t use text talk like m8 and thanx, and most of all check your writing before you post it.
Be aware of copyright.
- Remember you can’t just use anything from the Internet and call it your own. Make sure you only use copyright free images, songs or text.
Have fun and share, share, share!!!
- Enjoy reading our blog and making comments/posts.